Tuesday 18 January 2011

OOTD

Navy Wool Jacket with Toggles: Old Navy (US Size XXL)
Oatmeal/Navy Striped top: New Look (UK Size 22)
Oatmeal Vest: Primark (UK Size 18)
Jeggings: Dorothy Perkins (Maternity) (UK Size 20)
Red Glitter Converse (UK Size 8)
Red Leather Bag: ASOS

Here's a wintery, nautical little number. You are reading correctly. I AM wearing maternity Jeggings, just like I sometimes wear maternity vest tops. I am not a mother to a human (only 2 gorgeous Guinea Pigs) or have ever even been pregnant. Here's the thing...maternity jeggings are identical to 'normal' jeggings. There is no fabric panel for a bump...BUT the difference is, there is more room in the front and back whilst still being close hugging on the leg! They are perfect for apple shapes, or those with a little extra junk in the trunk like myself. With Maternity vest tops they are longer. I love long vests and find them hard to come by. I like them quite tight fitting so I can wear all my short tops that would look funky worn alone over the vest. You can even colour coordinate like I have in this OOTD the tops so they look like they're just meant to be that way.

Seriously guys, don't be afraid to go down the maternity range route. We live in the digital age of online shopping. There should be no shame!

2 comments:

  1. I have a couple maternity shirts that I love... they look like normal t-shirts with the difference that they're a little bit longer, which I love. I never thought to look at pants though.

    I love everything about this outfit. Especially the AMAZING shoes. Super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Emily!
    The problem with 'normal' length tees is that they tend to make big girls look boxy. The longer maternity tees elongate the body, which I find gives a better illusion. I'd recommend maternity jeggings to anyone with a bigger belly and/or backside. It gives that extra space whilst keeping a nice tight fit on the legs.

    ReplyDelete