Tuesday 8 February 2011

PLUS LONDON

As you already know I had a blast at Plus London, the gorgeous Champagne that went down with so much ease (I later found out I was drinking the non-alcohol version!) lovely cupcakes and nibbles (the veggie crisps were divine!) and the clothes...oh the clothes! The clothes on the women in attendance, the clothes on the rails...sheer bliss.
Here are a few favourites:
Striped Navy Blazer: Torrid
Dress: Carmakoma
Hooded Cape: ASOS

To be honest, I was expecting a lot more from ASOS, half of the range there is already available online and there wasn't really anything that stood out for me apart form the hooded cape which I love!

I was blown away by the Anna Scholz range! It's always been one of those brands I'd heard of but not ever seen the full range of, I always assumed it was a frumpier label but I was shocked to find so many gorgeous items! My particular faves were these two dresses for their SS11 collection:

I had no preconceived ideas about the styling of the dresses and the first dress (pictured) I found to be 'young' and quite of the moment with its bright, bold patterns but I think the styling of the dress on the model let's it down, it's styled to be quite formal, something you would wear to work or to a baptism. It looks like a very 'grown up' dress on the model, I would have maybe given her more of an edgy look. Trust me though, this dress is gorgeous in person!
The second dress again, is beautiful but the styling of the model doesn't really do the dress justice, maybe an up-do would have been better? It's the little things that make an outfit.
I was thoroughly impressed nonetheless with all the Anna Scholz items, they're quite expensive but would make great special occasion outfits. With ASOS being most big girls favourite shop we tend to all have the same clothes, so I would definitely give Anna Scholz a thought next time I'm looking for that wow factor outfit.

0 comments:

Post a Comment