Thursday 7 April 2011

OOTD

"It's bin a whiiiiiile" *sings staind in country style*

So I have been laying low this week. Basically, my outfits are not going according to plan. I like to be somewhat organised in my day to day life, this means planning my outfits in advance. 

I'm in the process of putting together another CS:OOTD (Celebrity Style Outfit Of The Day) and I used one particular dress which looked fairly similar, took all the necessary pictures then went shopping the same day and found THE perfect dress so used an old giftcard to buy it. So... now I have to do the whole thing over again! Another problem I face is that it's beginning to get too hot to recreate the outfit...I don't know I may end up posting the original photo in the not-so-perfect dress, then maybe a follow up with the right dress? Yes....I think I'll do that!

Anyway, so on to this OOTD. I was reunited with an old love of my life lecturer the other night for his first stand-up comedy gig. It's been 8 years since he last taught me and 5 years since I last saw him. All my body confidence issues came flooding back as I am now 2 dress sizes bigger than I was way back then. I want to be clear that I have been with my boyfriend 4 years this year and I am blissfully happy (Hi B! -he's a lurker) but this Lecturer captivated my heart a long time ago. He was definitely my idea of Mr. Perfect and in many ways still is but I now understand that it's the smaller things that count in a relationship. 

Enough about my love life though...so anyway, I was feeling very vulnerable getting ready so decided on the safe option of jeggings and a blazer (yes, I lied about mixing up my OOTD posts!) as it's smart, but casual, says "not trying too hard" but mature. Silly me didn't take the pictures at the beginning of the night and so I apologise for the slightly intoxicated look. My make up and hair were flawless at the beginning of the evening, I had teased my hair and it was down and looking rather luscious.

Jeggings: Dorothy Perkins (UK Size 22)
Bug Print Camisole: Dorothy Perkins (UK Size 22)
Black Blazer: New Look (UK Size 22)
Burgandy Leather Bag: Diesel
Mocassins: New Look (UK Size 9)
Black Patent and Gold Belt: Dorothy Perkins (UK Size 22)
Scissor Necklace: Evans (UK Size 22)
Gold Watch: Casio

3 comments:

  1. Mel! I love it. That top is gorgeous, the print is super lovely. And your little love bit made me giddy a bit. Past loves are sweet and cute.
    hearts, laura♥
    the blog of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute and laid back, LOVE IT!
    -Jaz
    http://www.fluffyfashioncents.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete