Wednesday 20 April 2011

OOTD: JOB INTERVIEW GET UP

The de-lovely Laura of The Blog of Worldly Delights recently posted this where she mentioned having to dress accordingly for a new job.

I went for a job interview today and STRUGGLED to think of what to wear. I hate suits. I feel like my aura cannot shine through a boring suit but I was quite pleased with what I managed to piece together! I have to apologise for the half body shots- my mum has what I would put politely as, little photographic flair!






Black Linen Trousers: True F&F @ Tesco (UK Size 22)
Pussybow Bird Blouse: ASOS (UK Size 18)
Black Linen Jacket: Marks & Spencer (UK Size 22)
Black Shoes: Evans (UK Size 9)
Bag: ASOS

It was a huge step tucking that blouse in to my trousers- I have never done it before for fear of everyone seeing just how large my backside is but I don't care anymore! I thought I looked the part, and feel I managed to merge formal and stylish relatively well. Now here's to hoping I get the job!- Pray for me/wish me luck/think of me/send good vibes please!

 

5 comments:

  1. I think you looked great! Just the right side of formal and the blouse lets your personality shine through. Hope you get the job! :)

    xx

    http://wearenouvellevague.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Mel! I love that blouse and how you wore them tucked in. It just makes it look much neater and more professional. I feel the same way with tucking shirts in, but eh, I am pretty sure I'll have to when I find a professional job -_- <--that's how I feel about it.

    Good luck with the job! I hope you get it!

    hearts,
    de-lovely Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! I hate wearing the "interview" suit as well. Mine is black, I add a little color with a light blue blouse underneath.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your outfit :)
    http://mesconfessionsparisiennes.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete